A video server effectively bridges the gap between analog and digital technology, and is an important component to have in any CCTV facility. The ACTi ACD-2400 will allow you to connect up to 16 of your existing analog devices to a network. In addition to allowing remote Internet viewing, this server will add 2-way audio, hardware motion detection and serial camera control to each video channel.
- Selectable MPEG-4 / MJPEG Compression
- Selectable MPEG-4 / MJPEG compression options gives you better control over the data distribution process. For example, you can use the higher compression but faster MPEG-4 codec for viewing live images, and the lower compression but higher quality MJPEG format when recording over the network.
- Multi-Stream w/Variable Frame Rate
- For even greater versatility, you can program the unit to send up to 2 streams within the same compression format across the network, while applying different frame rates for each video stream.
- 2-Way Audio
- By connecting a microphone and speaker of your choice to the server's audio I/O ports, you'll be able to send and receive audio signals over the network.