A properly equipped PTZ surveillance camera is like having your very own 24-hour security guard on your property. If the camera happens to be of the network type, it's like being able to communicate with that guard from any point on the planet. Add to this a powerful zoom, and it's like your guard is endowed with superhuman vision. And if your camera happens to be weatherproof, as is the case with this camera, your guard also has the credentials of having spent a winter on a Siberian outpost.
The ACTi CAM-6630N is all that plus a lot more. In this camera you'll find a wealth of motorized PTZ functions, including high speed pan and tilt movements, a powerful zoom lens and 256 preset positions. The camera also employs a host of features to enhance overall security and to combat tough lighting environments.
- Weatherproof System
- Snow, rain, wind, mind numbing cold - it's all in a day's work for this iron clad camera. Thanks to its IP66 rated enclosure along with an integrated heater assembly, you can safely operate the camera in extreme temperature conditions, ranging from a low of -49°F (-45°C) to a high of 122°F (50°C).
- High Speed PTZ Operation
- With the click of a mouse from a network PC you can access the camera's wealth of PTZ controls and quickly point it in the exact direction it needs to see. Pan and tilt movements are possible at speeds up to 90° a second in manual mode and up to 400° a second in preset mode. There are also extensive modes for automated operation.
- Optimized for Day and Night Surveillance
- When night falls and you go to sleep, your camera stays wide awake. Actually it has some advanced electronic controls to keep it from nodding off. These include an IR cut filter Day/Night function as well as AGC and an auto iris feature.
- Separate LAN & WAN Ports
- Keeping data safe from illicit users and network infiltrators is a primary concern in a network security environment. A dedicated LAN port provides the best method for isolating sensitive data and preventing it from leaking out to the World Wide Web. This camera also employs QoS (Quality of Service, IEEE 802.1Q) and fail-over network technology to efficiently manage network bandwidth and to increase network security.
- Motion Detection
- Built into the camera is a motion detection function configurable for area and sensitivity. Motion detection not only alerts you to unusual activities, but when used to trigger recording, saves you from searching through eons of empty air.
- 2-Way Audio
- With the addition of a microphone and speaker of your choice, you'll be able to verbally communicate with a person at the camera location over the network.
- Built-In Image Stabilizer
- A built-in digital image stabilization system minimizes the effects of picture shake, an important feature in highway, airport, train station and similar monitoring applications where the camera is subject to high frequency vibrations.